Friday, February 1, 2008

Crazy Dream

I am a random dreamer. David will manifest to that. So many times I tell him about dreams I have and he is just speechless. I can't explain it, I am just weird like that. So last night was one of those times. One of my dreams, I was back in school and I had to write a 22 page (why 22 pages, you ask. I dunno, what is wrong with an even 20?- need I say more about the weird dreams?) report on anything. Well, me being the procrastinator I am, left it until the night before and I was freaking out. I couldn't decide what to do my report on, and the only think I kept comingback to was Joseph Smith. Should I really do a school report on Joseph Smith? Of course, I never can remember how my dreams end. So I don't know if I ended up doing the report, but it got me thinking. Do I need to learn more about Joseph Smith. I know it has something to do with the fact that we are studying him in Relief Society, but maybe there's more. Maybe I need to get to know him as a person more so I appreciate him better. Of course I know he was a true prophet and he is the reason the church has been brought back on the earth today, but maybe I am not doing all I can to get the most out of my lessons. Who knows what these dreams mean, maybe nothing. But this one has motivated me to want to know Joseph Smith a bit more. I guess we all have a few things to learn from such a wonderful man. I am grateful to be studying his teachings in Relief Society and hope that my testimony will grow because of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda you are so cute! I love that you posted this and it motivates me to want to do the same thing! You are just so great!

Bleak's said...

I am the same way! There is so much more that I want to learn about him. Have you guys gone to see Liberty Jail yet? If you haven't that will spark your desire even more! Anyhow... I love your blog, Isabel is so dang cute!