Thursday, January 31, 2008

This is what ALL our student loans get...

So one of the bonuses of being in dental school is you get lots of free toothbrushes. Company representatives come to the school lots and give out samples of lots of stuff. David told me he would be getting another electronic toothbrush. Well it came in the mail today and it is the new Sonicare toothbrush. Talk about fancy! I guess this is one nice thing you get for paying all those student loans:) Just kidding. I doubt we will have to worry about buying many toothbrushes. Maybe that is why some dentists hand out toothbrushes for Halloween; they don't know what to do with all of them. Earlier in the year, he was given the Oral-B Triumph. It's pretty fun to try new ones out and see how they all work. Maybe I will start reviewing toothbrushes on here so you guys know which ones are really good:) What can I say, we are dental nerds.
David is doing great in school. Today he is practicing giving shots. They had to partner up and they will be giving each other a few shots today. I thought that maybe they would just give placebo shots so they can just practice the technique. But no, they are really giving each other antisthesia. So they will be walking around all day long with numb mouths (sounds fun huh?). At least this way, they can know what they are putting their patients through when they give shots in their dental practice. The strange thing is that David was excited to do this. He has been watching a video on technique and lingo to use with the patient. All I can say is I love my job and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

0 comments: