Monday, January 21, 2008

Crawling!!!



So Isabel is officially crawling. She had taken a few scoots in Utah, but the day we got back, she saw her friend Moses crawling, and she decided that was pretty cool, and BAM, she started crawling like crazy. Now if she is playing in the living room and she hears me in the kitchen, she calls out for me and then comes crawling to find me. So now, we must sweep the floor EVERY day, which I guess is a good thing. She will find the tiniest crumb on the floor and proceed to try and pick it up for at least 5 minutes. It is so funny to watch her concentrate so hard to try and get it. She will push down on it and get it stuck on a finger and then try and pinch it between the thumb and finger. Don't worry, I take it away before she thinks to put it in her mouth. Last week, I saw her go after a rolly polly bug in our basement...I have never snatched her up so fast!
On Friday, she crawled over to the stairs and pulled herself up to a kneeling position. I know soon, she will try and crawl up them, so we need to teach her how to crawl down. Now she can crawl to the couch and use it to stand herself up and she is getting pretty good at pushing herself to a sitting position from crawling. She is not walking along the furniture yet. She still loves to ride around the living room on a blanket and would do it all day long if you let her. Now when she falls off, she starts laughing and will race to crawl back on it, it's pretty funny to watch her. She is such a cheeseball at home, but when we get around other people at the store or at church or at a get together with friends, she gets all serious and shy. I guess she just realizes that she is not in the comfort of her own home or around people that she recognizes.
I love that she can crawl, but it just makes me realize that she will never slow down again and I will forever be chasing her. She really is gonna grow up, but I am just trying to enjoy every day because I will never get it back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you finally updated your blog! I love reading about your little family and it is fun to see what you guys are up too. I am glad David could relax from school for a bit and that you guys had a great Christmas vacation.

Summer and family said...

Isabel has the cutest little personality. You need to bring her over here and maybe she can teach Megan how to crawl!