Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet


LDS President and Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, died last night at his home, surrounded by his family. He was 97. I found out last night right before I went to bed and I had a hard time sleeping. Even though I never met him, I really knew him and loved him. He was such a wonderful leader and example and he had such an adorable personality. He truly is a man of God. Even though it is really sad that he is no longer on the earth, I know he has been reunited with his sweet wife and they are so happy.
I am so blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful to know that death is not the end, but merely a stepping stone in eternity. I am thankful that I am sealed to my husband and daughter and can be with them forever. I know Pres. Hinckley is a prophet of God as well as our new Pres. This church is the reason for my happiness. I hope to live my life like he did: devoted to God and serving others. What a wonderful man! I know that I can see my loved ones again and we can be an eternal family. The Church is True!

0 comments: