Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The proper way to wear a backpack...

Isabel loves to play with her little backpack. She will put lots of toys in it, and then "attempt" to put it on. If you notice, she doesn't usually wear it in the normal fashion. Since she can't zip up the backpack and gets mad when I try to, all the toys dump out while she tries to put it on. This makes her a little frustrated, so she takes it off and puts the toys back in and tries it again with the same results.


This was the little bath lounger we used when Isabel was a newborn. It is a soft mesh chair that helps them lay in the tub. Isabel found it in our upstairs linen closet (note to self: do not make any shelves in any closets lower than 3 feet off the ground so things are out of reach for small hands). She found out quickly that it is a very comfortable seat when she needs to just "chill" at home. She drug it into every room I went into as I was cleaning that morning. It included dragging it down the stairs and trying it in the living room and dining room. She entertained herself for quite a while with her new chair and her pinwheels. These are a favorite right now as she walks around trying to blow on them and is constantly shoving them in our face to make us blow on them. I think I am gonna pass out if I have to make those things spin anymore!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Look at that smile. She is soooo cute.

About the backpack. Oldest children seem to want to be independent. It's good and bad but what you gonna' do. I guess, maybe, one of these times she will get so frustrated she will let you help. Maybe not. In

The Hodsons said...

I love that you buy her all this miniature stuff that is just right for her...i.e. the miniature chair.

If we could get together this weekend that would be AWESOME! If not we understand...here's my cell:
801-706-6677, Brindy's: 801-518-7138 & Anna's is: 801-833-9078, I have Alex's old one in my phone and can't find her new one.

Amy said...

Amanda, she is so cute. I just read about how you fell. I'm so sorry! That is so scary, but I'm glad the three of you are okay.

Jenn and Tyler said...

I can't believe how big she is or how adorable she is! She's going to be a great big sis! How are you feeling? You're getting pretty close! So exciting.