Monday, September 8, 2008

Nursery Time!

It has happened. Isabel is 18 months and is in the Nursery at church. It started out great. We let her wander down the hall at church until she found the room with all the toys and she went in all by herself. David had to sub in nursery because all the women needed to be in Relief Society for the Visiting Teaching Conference Lesson. So she did great with him in there to have as moral support.

Well after Relief Society, silly Mommy had to go and ruin things by poking her head in to see how her sweet daughter was doing. Isabel saw me and instantly jumped up off the floor and bee-lined for the door. I tried to close it and she instantly started screaming, afraid of me leaving her. Don't try and tell her she was fine without me cause she won't believe it. So I stayed for a minute and she wandered off to go play again. So I snuck out and went to Sunday School. About 15 minutes later, David and Isabel came and got me out of S.S. He said she noticed I had left again and went nuts. She wasn't content anymore, so he came to switch with me. I took her back and she played fine, as long as she knew where I was at all times. If I moved while she was playing, she would look up to where I had been and would start crying, thinking I had left her. Woops on my part! We will see how it goes next week. Now I know what NOT to do. I think I will just have to send David and butt out myself!

She has really grown up a lot in the last few months. Here are some of the things she has learned and been up to lately:

-She is expanding her vocabulary. She doesn't say a ton of words, but she tries things that you say to her. Her common words are: please, mama, night night, baby, doggie, cheese, hot, swing, up, and sippy. She signs eat, water, more, please and waves and says night night when she is tired
-She is in love with babies. If she sees a little baby, she runs up to them, points at them and says baby and giggles and gets so excited. I am hoping this enthusiasm is still around in a few months.
-Isabel still loves music. If there is a beat, she will bounce to it and dance around. She does a head bob when we are listening to music in the car. She has started to try and sing along with us. She will start doing jibber jabber singing that she will try and mimmick to what the song sounds like.
-Playing outside is one of her favorite things to do. With Fall and Winter approaching, I am a little nervous about what we will do all winter, especially with a newborn keeping us indoors a lot. She loves the swings and sprints towards them when we go to the playground. She likes to climb up the stairs on the toys and slide down the twirly slide. I get a little nervous because the stairs are really steep and she is so high up there, but she has done great so far.

4 comments:

The Larsen Gang said...

Hay Manda-Nursey is a life saver. Don't worry she will eventually get the hang of it. And then she will want to spend all the 3 hr. block in there. She did pretty good for her first week. Jarett took 4 1/2 months before he would stay without me. But I believe Isabel is much more reasonable than my Jarett!!

Melanie said...

Ah, I say....just rip the bandaid off and run. I think it builds character and allows them to learn to be independent. But....then again, I am pretty mean. Good luck.

Nursery is such a blessing.....as soon as they are willing to stay there. Hang in there. It will get better.

Kachelle said...

nursery will get better, i promise. it took kell awhile to adjust too but she loves it now!she tries to sneek in there durring sacrament.

The Hodsons said...

Sounds like Isabelle LOVES her mommy! So, I'm really not supposed to say anything because I haven't been sustained...but I figure you are hundred's of miles away, but after four years of being in the yw's I'm being released and put in....The Nursery!