Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's a Pumpkin Bat!

 I can hardly believe it, but we did a craft I have pinned on my Pinterest board (I know, can you believe something from Pinterest got put into action instead of just drooling over it online?  I am surprised as well!)  I figured it was something we could accomplish without trashing my dining room and without the kids losing interest.
 The kids actually did really good painting.  They covered almost all the pumpkin without help and only got paint on a chair, but it wiped up really good.
 Such deep concentration for such a little man:)  Isabel was walking around, making sure everyone was getting theirs painted to her standards, I guess that is the oldest child syndrome:)
 I thought they turned out pretty darn cute.  I will definitely do these again.  Wish they would last, but I don't want to store these and have them rot in my garage!
 While we were painting, we needed an activity for Hunter, so I busted out a piece of elk jerky for him to gnaw on.
 He was totally diggin it and having the time of his life sucking on it and chewing it.
 Yeah, he was really gettin after it here.  He couldn't chew any pieces off, but loved it nonetheless.  Maybe I am onto something:  new baby teething toy??

4 comments:

The Larsen Gang said...

way cute! you could always use styrofoam pumpkins? that way they wouldn't rot...just a thought.
love the new teething toy!

alex said...

those pumpkins turned out amazing! good job mama.

Summer and family said...

I'll have to steal this idea for next year! Love getting to see your family on here but it makes me miss you!st

The Hodsons said...

Those bats turned out way cute!!! And I know what you mean about putting PInterest into action...Good for you for doing it!