Monday, December 1, 2008

No baby yet!

Well, we are 9 days and counting, but no signs of the baby yet. I have been having TONS of B.H. contractions, but nothing that makes me stop and think, even though they are kinda uncomfortable. We are approaching a time that is a bit tricky for David. He has finals that start on Friday and go for a week and a half, and then he is done by the 18th. Now I don't think I can wait that long to have the baby. Plus I don't want to have it that close to Christmas, I would like to be back on my feet a bit before then. So the perfect time would be to have the baby at the end of this week so I don't have it during finals. Of course the baby has no clue when is a good time, so I am sure it will be interesting to see what happens these next few weeks.

I love being pregnant, but I think I am ready to meet this little peanut. I now get heartburn everyday and the baby is really low, but still kicking me in the ribs all day long, as well as getting the hiccups right as I am dozing off to sleep. It is getting lots harder to hold Isabel on my lap, carry her around and change her diaper. I think she is even getting annoyed that my belly is in the way cause she is always poking it and hitting it when its in her way. I am swelling up and I am now getting carpal tunnel (so much better than getting it at 6 months like I did with Isabel). I can't tie my shoes or hardly even put socks on for that matter. I may just bundle us up this week and start walking the hill by our house and see if that does anything. Maybe some spicy Chinese food will help (I ate that the day before my water broke with Isabel), I am even reading up on accupressure (not accupuncture) and contemplating that, which just makes David laugh cause he doesn't really believe all that much in "alternative" medicine. But I say whatever does the trick makes me a happy woman!

Everyday Isabel is turning more and more into a little girl. It is so fun to watch her learn and mimmick us. She is picking up lots of new words. Of course to the untrained ear, it would sound like gibberish, but we are so proud she is trying. Some new words she has picked up lately are:
happy, thank-you, okay, lights, tree, santa, elk (she learned 'deer' a while ago, and now David is working on distinguishing between the two-silly Daddy!), juice, and hat. We can't wait to see how she adjusts to this new baby (David thinks its a girl, and I am leaning towards a boy) and continues to grow and bring us so much happiness.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow....I didn't realize it was that close. Holy Cow.....time flies.

Tricky, Tricky timing. It WILL be interesting to see how it all works out.

Good Luck. Try Evening Primrose. It worked with Cael.....but not for Isaac.

Amy said...

Let me know if I can do anything for you!

The Hodsons said...

Oooh, I'm so excited for you guys! I guess he/she will decide when they're ready to come out, but hopefully it is the best timing for you and Dave too. Good luck with everything!...Are you having this one natural too?

Sara and Brian said...

Seriously, if you need any help give me a holler. I will be more than willing to watch Isabel or help out, especially if David decides to go hunting after finals. Ha ha. Don't hesitate at all to call me!

Kachelle said...

have sex doggy style. does it every time. seriously, it's better than walking.(for lots of reasons!)

Bonnie said...

Your baby gets hiccups right when you go to bed? Mine does too and I am not even kidding. With out fail, every night! That is funny! I am feeling your pain of being pregnant and uncomfortable and can't tie your shoes! You look cute though and I am so excited to see what you are having!!