Sunday, December 21, 2008

12 Days of Christmas

Santa's little elves have been working overtime for our family this year. Someone is doing the 12 days of Christmas on us and it has been so much fun waiting to see what gets left at our house each day. We feel so blessed and a little embarrassed that someone is doing so much for us. Each day, they have wrapped something up and snuck it in between our door and screen door and knocked REALLY fast and hard and then took off running away. David has even tried to catch them a few times, but they are too fast! I wish I would have taken a picture of what we got each day, but it didn't even occur to me since it started the day before I had Brigham. There is a cute little note with a poem for each day. Someone has really put a lot of time and effort and love into this and we are just overcome with gratitude. Some of the things we have received so far are: a box of chocolates, lots of different cans of nuts cause they said we are "nutty" (I guess they must know us pretty good), some cute ornaments and mormon bubbly for Christmas. We even got a delicious prime rib roast for Christmas Eve dinner. I got a picture of a few more things.

We got these remote control helicopters a few nights ago. It has been so much fun to see David fly these things around the house and get so happy when he does a cool trick with them. They have been a great stress reliever now that finals are over and he is like a little kid flying them around. I haven't had much time to hone my skills, but when I do, we will have some great battles with them. He is flying one right now as we speak. He is too cute!

We also got this beautiful nativity set. It is carved out of this cool black wood and it is amazing the detail and skill that was used in carving it. I told David last year that I want to start collecting nativity sets, and this is definitely a great way to start that off.

Last night we got this cute velour outfit for Isabel along with really cute black sweaters for us. She saw it this morning and got a big smile on her face and wanted to wear it right away. She looks so cute in it!
We don't know who is doing this but feel so blessed and are grateful to our little "elf" friends. We love you!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Our lives are truly blessed by those who heed the spirit and do nice things for us.

By the way, I always hated delivering things to people who would try to catch me.

Tell David to stop trying and just enjoy it.