Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ultrasound

Well, we had the big ultrasound today. We found out the big news, we are expecting a...........
baby! I know all our family is giving us a hard time for not finding out (I admit that I even wanted to tell the technician to tell us), but I think it makes the birth even more fun and exciting to find out the big news on his/her birthday. We still have a lot of fun at the ultrasound and enjoy seeing our sweet little peanut and watching 'em roll around and cover the face (Isabel did the same thing). Everything looks good, the umbilical cord is in perfect condition this time, so that is a relief. With Isabel, she was so tiny and she was always measuring in like the 20th percentile. Well this kid is gonna be very different. He/she is currently measuring in the 65th percentile, so I have visions of delivering a much larger baby this time. Hopefully it won't be a 10lb baby like one of my siblings was:) Here are some pictures. They used a 2D and 3D ultrasound so it was cool to see more features. The 2D pictures aren't very clear that they printed up for me, so I won't post those. Tell me if you think it looks more like a boy or a girl:) Isn't it fun speculating!!! Thank you family for all your love and support. Our kids are so lucky to have such great family surround them. Love ya!

7 comments:

Morris Family said...

Yeah!! I'm glad everything looks good with the baby! We missed you at the OCM but we'll do it again after the break!

Kachelle said...

Aw come on! no crotch picts! how am i supposed to speculate if all i see is a face!lol i can't believe you have the patience to wait till it's born! I say it's a boy.

Renzello said...

Looks like a boy to me! I can't believe how clear those pictures are. That is cool. I wish my doctor would do 3D! I still don't believe you about not knowing though! I know that if you watched the ultrasound, you got a peek. It is impossible to avoid that area the whole time! Come on... just tell! Love you guys!

The Larsen Gang said...

Yeah, Manda-I am so glad everthing looks good. Believe me I know how stressful it can be, wanting everthing to go well at the ultrasound. She looks great...yes I think its a girl, so little Isabel will have a sweet sister to play with. Have fun, these years go by so fast. Too fast. I can't believe I don't have any babies left to care for. I love ya--Your sis, Carrie

alex said...

so exciting!
i vote boy!
either way, i heard the name alex works for both sexes.

The Hodsons said...

I'm glad your baby (boy??--that's my guess) is healthy and that you are healthy as well! Luv, Sara

Melanie said...

I think you are right....it is a baby. That's all from me. I am no good at guessing. I thought all of ours were girls and we see how that turned out. Have Rob guess. He is much better at it. I am glad all is looking well. What a relief. It is amazing, with all the things that could go wrong, that any of us are alive. We are ALL miracles.