Tuesday, July 29, 2008

David is taking the Boards as I type. I am so excited! I can't wait for him to come home, because it won't be hanging over his head and stressing him out thinking about studying anymore, yay! I know he will do great. We are going to visit his family tomorrow and we are excited to get out of the humidity and away from school for a while and go camping and hang out with the family.
We weren't able to go to his Grandma's funeral. The testing center didn't have any availability for him to reschedule his test, and it would have cost $500 just to change the plane ticket dates. We are sad we missed it, but know we did what we had to do. I know she understands, because she has always been so happy with David and how hard he works in school.
Isabel is as cute as ever. I have been a slacker with the camera, but will have more pics after our trip. We are working on getting the binky usage down to just naps and night time. She gets pretty mad when you take it away, but she did better today. If she gets upset, it is really hard to calm her down without the binky, so I have used all my magical powers to distract her from thinking about it while she is upset. She loves to wave at people. The minute she sees someone at the store or in the parking lot, she starts waving, it doesn't matter if they see her or not. But if you show her someone and tell her to say hi, she gets shy and cuddles into my shoulder and doesn't do it very much.
We were at Cabela's last night looking for shoes, and there was a 4-wheeler in the store. I sat on it with Isabel in front and she grabbed right onto the handlebars and tried to steer it side to side. She's a natural:) I think she will have lots of fun when we go camping!
I better go finish packing. We will return with pictures and fun stories.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you found my blog! I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing, but oh well. YAY! David is done with his Boards! I hope you guys have a great vacation - you deserve it!
Amy
P.S. I added you to my blog list - I hope you don't mind. :)

The Bloxham Family said...

Hey Amanda,
I have an idea for you and the binky, we did this with Dylan.
We put it in a special place in her room, and as time goes on you can have her put it away when the nap is over or when she wakes up.
Dylan always got it and that is how I knew it was bedtime. good luck:) Congrats to David as well, enjoy your vacation.

Melanie said...

Yeah for David. We are so happy that he will finally be able to relax a little after today (Is that possible?...Just Kidding.) Have a wonderful time in Utah. Say hello to the state and all its inhabitants for me. We are glad that you will now be where Grandma Great last was and be able to draw peace from the family.

Unknown said...

Congrats with being done with boards and getting out of Omaha for alittle while! Have fun camping and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Kambryn misses her best friend Isabel!

Whitney said...

he's taking boards... does that mean he is done? hope you guys have a good little vacation.

The Hodsons said...

Congrats to David!...and the rest of you guys for finishing the Boards. So are you planning on putting Isabel on a 4 wheeler this year? Make sure and get some pictures...that would be quite a site!

It's very doubtful, but if you have any chance to break away from family, Alex,Brindy, Anna and I could I'm sure meet you somewhere to hang out for a bit... Let me know, but don't feel obligated because family time is precious!

Bonnie said...

Hey hope you guys are having a good summer. How was camping? Yay for being done with boards!! That is awesome. See ya soon!

The Bloxham Family said...

hey amanda you have been tagged :)

Jenn and Tyler said...

I hope you had a great summer vacation! We're trying to get Conner's binky usage down to naps and bedtime to. It's not the funnest thing in the world to do is it? I miss village green and having so many kids the same age as my kids. That's been the toughest I think. How are you feeling? I want to see pics of the bump!