Thursday, July 17, 2008

Randomness

  • David is neck deep in studying for the boards. He takes them on the 29th and he is getting a little stressed out. Some of his friends have taken it already and they said it is HARD, so that is great to hear:) I know he will do great, he works so hard for our family, I wish I could help him out a little more, but all the stuff he is studying is like Chinese to me.
  • Isabel is growing and learning so much. She is 16 months and makes us laugh everyday. She is walking really good now and with that has come a newfound independence. If she knows where she wants to walk to, she will not let me hold her hand.
  • Isabel likes to interrupt me when I am doing dishes in the sink. She steps in front of me and pushes against the cabinets to try and push me away from the sink so I will come play with her. It is so hard to not just drop everything that minute and go play, but I guess someone needs to try and keep our house clean.
  • Isabel's favorite game to play is run around the house laughing and then come into the living room and scare us. She loves it and will continue to go back into the kitchen and come out the other way and scare us again. She makes this low, breathy humming noise when she gets excited that sounds so funny.
  • Isabel is now so easy to put to bed. A lot of the times she will let us know when she wants to go to bed by waving at us (her way of saying "night night" to daddy). She sleeps through the night, but still wakes up around 6 or 6:30 am.
  • She is learning to try and say a lot of new words. She gets such a big grin on her face when she tries to say a word we are teaching her and comes within the general ballpark of sounds.
  • Isabel also loves to walk around with a blanket over her head. She thinks it is so funny to throw a blanket over her head so she looks like a ghost and then just walk anywhere. She runs into the wall, furniture, closet doors and trips over her toys. Each time, she takes the blanket off and has the biggest grin on her face. She gives a chuckle, stands up and throws the blanket on again and takes off. Now where in the world did she learn that from?
  • I am feeling good. The baby is starting to move a lot, which I actually love. It helps remind me of what a special miracle I have growing inside of me. I have to admit that it is hard for me to comprehend how I can love someone else like I do Isabel. It will be amazing to have 2 little munchkins that I can't get enough of and bring me such great blessings.

3 comments:

Brooke and Jeremy said...

It sounds like you guys are doing good and David is keeping very busy. Are you guys going home for the annual 24th of July camp trip? I thought my mom might of told me that you were. I wish so bad that Jeremy and I could go.
I am glad to hear that you are feeling well. I can't believe you aren't finding out what you are having again!!! You are very patient to wait! I could hardley even wait until the ultrasound to find out what I was having.

The Stanley's said...

I love all your pics! I can't believe I missed that storm- wow!! Isabel is getting so big! And the pics of the ultrasound are so neat... I can't wait for you to experience #2!

Summer and family said...

Isabel is so cute! Wow, you can see your baby so good in the ultra sound, my vote is it's a boy.