Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh what fun!!!

Last Saturday was such beautiful day: high in the mid 70's, no wind, sunshine and our family hanging out together. We headed out to Walnut Creek Reservoir and went fishing. Most of the lakes out here are man-made, but this one was so cool. There was all these trees in the lake sticking out and they gave it lots of character. It was so fun to be outside enjoying the springtime. Isabel had a total blast and was so excited to go fishing. David and her caught 4 blue gill and she would scream everytime they reeled one in. We can't wait for more nice weather to go camping and fishing this spring.


Isabel had fun running all over, looking at the ducks and helping Daddy fish.
David had his turkey hunting gear out in the living room on Friday night, and Isabel put all this stuff on and started saying "unting, unting". She loves to mimick us and cracks us up.

Here is our little Brig, looking cute as always. He doesn't quite fit in Isabel's doll stroller, but he sure gave us lots of grins when we put him in there. He is always so happy and is really starting to discover his voice and is getting pretty coordinated with his hands and holding on to rattles. He loves to suck on his hands and is starting to laugh a lot more. It is so fun to watch him grow. He likes to hold on to his left foot with his left hand. I don't want him to grow so fast, I wish I could slow time down!
He grunts and grunts when he is having tummy time and is getting better at rolling over to get out of it:)
It's Potty time!!! We spent last week potty training Isabel. It was much more work and more stressful than I thought, but it was still a great experience and I know it will be worth it when it is completely done. I did a method called "3 Day Potty Training" if anyone wants info about it, click here. It took us longer than 3 days, but I think that is because I was doing a few things wrong, and I couldn't catch her everytime she was going. It was a very long week, but David was able to come home earlier than he usually does to help with Brigham and the house. I admit I got frustrated and didn't know how it was going to work, but she has the hang of it now. Today was our first accident free day, and we were even able to go to church. She has been telling us everytime and is staying dry at night and at naptime (she has actually been dry at naps and night the whole time). She is such a big girl and it is so nice to know that we accomplished something really hard together. She got a really cute dress and shoes that she picked out as her reward for being a "big girl". I love this girl more than I can comprehend!

Way to go Isabel, we are so happy for you! (and mommy too, since she won't be changing anymore of your diapers)

5 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Oh, fishing sounds so fun right about now! We have about 6 inches of new snow out there, so I think anything dealing with being outside sounds wonderful! Congratulations on the potty training too!!!! Your little family is so fun!

Melanie said...

Way to go on the potty training thing. Do you want to come and train Cael for me?

Your kids are getting SOOOOOO big. I can't believe it! Isabel is starting to look like a little girl and not a toddler anymore. How sad and fun at the same time!

The Larsen Gang said...

Hey Manders--I am totally jealous of the warm weather...Spokane springs are awful. I miss the warm Utah weather.

Your kiddos are so adorable. Isn't is fun to watch them grow and change...and sometimes wanting to freeze time!! I love Brigham's quilt. Is that the one you made? It is so adorable. Wish I knew how to make them.

We too, have been busy this last week potty training Jarett. So far so good. It gets easier the more kids you have...he saw his brothers going and decided he wanted to be like them. A little motivation helps.

Randy , Haley and Tyler said...

Isn't it great to only have to change one kid's diaper a day? I love your fishing pictures!

Kachelle said...

i love love love it when they're potty trained!!!!! i still can believe how much hair your little boy has, he's so cute!