Sunday, March 22, 2009

In a nutshell

I am finally posting some pics from spring break. we went to Utah and had a great time. We had Isabel's birthday, Brigham's blessing and just some relaxing time together. My parents were able to come for Brigham's blessing and it was great to have them there and see them for a bit. We had so much fun, it is always great to see family and have a little vacation. We ate at some of our favorite restaurants and had fun playing with our families. We were also able to be there for David's cousin's wedding, and we are really close with Kristen, so we were excited we could be there. Here are just a few pictures. Sorry they are in reverse order, but I can't get the pics rearranged.
We have started bathing the kids together, and Isabel does great with it. She helps me wash his hair and plays in the tub while I get him out and dressed.

I whacked my hair and dyed it while we were home. That is what happens when I get bored and I have David around to watch the kids. I am still trying to get used to it, but I was ready for a change.

Isabel got this cute chair from Rachel and so she likes to sit by Brigham and hang out.


We celebrated Isabel's Birthday a little early since my parents were in town for the blessing. We had a yummy chocolate cherry cake and Isabel ate a huge piece so good with her fork. She is a pretty clean eater when she enjoys the food. We had fun just relaxing and visiting with our parents.
We never told Isabel about blowing her candles out, but when we got done singing to her, she knew just what to do and it only took a couple tries to get them out. She must be full of hot air like her daddy!:)
Here are both sets of grandparents. David gave such a beautiful blessing to Brigham. Aunt Elaine knows shorthand and was nice enough to transcribe the blessing so I can get it written up for Brigham for him to have. I am so grateful to have such a sweet husband who loves our kids so much.


This is a picture that captures David perfectly. David loves the broncos, loves to hunt and loves to take naps. Brig is his father's son!!!

We love the outdoors and we have so much fun on G & G Bailey's property. The grandkids were building a fort and we had fun checking it out behind the house.

Brigham had his first 4-wheeler ride and he was so content.

Isabel giving loves to G & G at the wedding luncheon.

Here is David's little sister getting some snuggles from our little stud. We wish we could see Rachel more when we come home, but she is always so busy. Ahh the life of a high-schooler:)

I don't know why Isabel looks like she is scheming up something.Not the most friendly face, but still adorable.
In other news, I am going to start potty training Isabel tomorrow. We are using the "3-day potty training" method. I hear great things about it and I am very optimistic. But I have to devote the next 3 days to Isabel and nothing else, so I will be M.I.A. for a bit. Hopefully we will be back at the end of the week with good news.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think you hair is absolutely ADORABLE. You will probably get some guff from your family. They remember you as their little blondie and seem to have a hard time letting that go. I LOVE IT though! LOVE IT!

The Hodsons said...

You guys have been super busy!!!! I know I already told you this, but I love the new hair!