Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sick, sick, sick, SICK!

That is one "sick" for every person in our family. Yep, we are all sick. It started last wednesday when Isabel started coughing and not sleeping good and just had a body flu. Then on Sat. David and I started feeling pretty crummy and congested. Then on Sunday, poor Brigham started coughing too. Yesterday, my ears started killing me and I was getting more sick. So I went to the Dr.'s today and apparently I have an ear infection (who knew you could get them when you are all grown up). So I got put on antibiotics. Then I thought I better take the kids in and make sure they are okay (since we are flying in 2 days). So Isabel has an ear infection, and Brigham has....yep, RSV. My worst nightmare. It is not in its worst stage, so it can get worse, which scares me. I thought david had a sinus infection so I sent him to urgent care when he got home from school so he could get on antibiotics and not give as many germs to Brigham. But, no he just has a cold, so the dr. told him to get a bunch of over the counter meds. You should see our kitchen counter, it is littered with antibiotics, creams to help with diaper rash (for Isabel, not for us), cold medicines, salines, honey and nyquil. We are a pretty sore looking bunch. David gave Brigham a beautiful blessing. I just hope it doesn't get down into his lungs. We hope we can still go to Utah for Spring Break and see both sets of parents. I guess tomorrow will tell. And then I have to take him back to the doctor on Friday so they can check up on him. Oh what a crazy week!

6 comments:

The Larsen Gang said...

Oh Amanda...been there done that, and it just plain STINKS!! Trevin got RSV when he was just shy of 3 months. I was a little bit scared, but he faired pretty well partly because they caught it early. So hopefully Brigham will beat it. Well wishes for all of you to make a speedy recovery. Mom and Dad are so looking forward to seeing you guys.

Melanie said...

Sounds miserable. Sorry!

2 of the 3 boys has had RSV. Could have been worse. You caught it early on. That will help.

I hope you can all still fly out as well. I know all of the grandparents are itching to see your babies. Love you guys. We'll pray for you!

The Bowes said...

sorry to hear that the whole family is sick :( Hope you all start to feel better quickly so you can be healthy enough to travel to Utah

Sara and Brian said...

OH NO! Once you started describing the symptoms, I thought to me self, Self, Brigham has RSV I bet. I wonder if he has been tested. And then I read a little further and yep! I'm so sorry about it. Good news is that this year RSV isn't as bad as it was last year. Just keep the fluids going down him and the snot a-coming out of his nose...you and then bulb suction should be great friends. If you need anything, just let me know!

scrapping simply said...

Hi, I am trying to add print credits for your site hits in February, but I cannot find an account username that might be yours!
Please email me your username for our site.
Thanks,
Chari@scrappingsimply.com

Jenn and Tyler said...

I haven't checked your blog forever, I'm so sorry you're all sick, and poor baby! How are you guys holding up? Is the RSV going away? Scary. Speaking of baby, I scrolled down to get a good look at him... he is ADORABLE!!! All that blond hair is gorgeous (in a boy way) I can't believe how cute he is! Good job! Hope all is going well and that spring break is fun.