Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hanging out

Because this last week was so bitter cold, and we have a newborn, we couldn't go anywhere! I could barely stand to open the door to get the mail. So we had fun just hanging out, being silly, getting cabin fever, and decorating the house with all of Isabels toys scattered. My kids bring me so much joy, but I was a bit stir crazy. So David let me go out on Saturday for a few hours and get some fresh air! Here's some pics from this week.
Here is our little stud muffin getting some tummy time. He is growing and changing so fast, we try to just enjoy every minute with him. He is such an easy going baby and he doesn't mind all of Isabel's attention that she loves to shower on him.

Here is my little copycat. She has been mimmicking everything I do. Including trying to nurse her babies, attempting to use the breast pump, even doing the sound effects of what the machine sounds like, and putting on makeup with me. She is such a joy, but is definitely learning how to voice her opinion. She constantly teaches us new things and makes us laugh everyday with the energy and sillyness that she brings to our family. She is learning new words everyday and helps me out so much with Brigham. I am so glad she is so loving to him and doesn't get mad when I need to tend to him.

She saw me putting these glasses on Mr Potato Head and insisted I try them on her. Not quite the perfect fit, but she doesn't seem to mind.


After his bath, Daddy had fun styling his hair. Isn't he adorable. He is chunking up on us. I had him weighed at one month and he was 10 lbs, 2 oz, which puts him in the 75th percentile. Total opposite from Isabel, I think he is gonna be a big baby. He is starting to smile a little bit and is learning to coo. It is so much fun to watch as your kids learn new things and grow and develop. We are so thankful for these precios spirits.



3 comments:

Melanie said...

They are so cute.

In the "hairdo picture" Brigham looks a lot like you, I think.

I totally understand about the cabin fever thing. That is what makes spring SO wonderful....when it finally decides to make it's appearance.

The Hodsons said...

I love's little Brigham's hairdo. I think that your kids look a lot a like...in a brother and sister sort of way! Oh, and how did you guys come up with the name Brigham?

The Stanley's said...

I can't get over how much hair he has! I'm glad to hear he's been such a good baby!