Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spokane Visit







We had a great time up in Spokane. We got to see most of my family which was really nice. We were missing my brother on a mission and then 2 other siblings that couldn't make it, but there was still a crowd of family!
The flights there were great. We had a layover both times, but Isabel still fell asleep in every plane and had lots of fun running around in the airport. I was a slacker and didn't get my camera out very much. The slideshow above is Isabel and her cousin, Sarah Beth, playing with the dinosaur. They were both so interested in it and were ignoring all of us that were sitting around giggling at them. It was so funny to watch how they played and how Isabel would crawl all over anyone in her way when she was trying to get a ball.

We went to a pumpkin patch with all the family. It was pretty chilly and very windy, so we got really bundled up and braved the weather. We took a little train ride around the property and scouted out some good pumpkins.



Then we walked around and everyone picked out the pumpkins they wanted. We just watched, seeing as how I think a few pumpkins would put us over the 50 lb. limit with our luggage. We even ate a yummy funnel cake and looked at all the different gourds they grew.

Isabel was such a big helper to me and helped me unpack the suitcase, all while looking cool in Daddy's sunglasses.
She got a little baby from Grandma G. (aka G.G.) and decided to see how mommy feels carrying a baby around in her tummy. She would pull it out of her shirt and get so excited to see the baby, then want us to put it back. (I am sure some mothers have the same feelings, JK)

All the older grandkids were playing kneeball (kickball modified so it didn't destroy my sister's basement) with David. Isabel kept trying to play, but she enjoyed playing with the keyboard and dancing to the tempos we had playing on it.
My brother Kyle having a sitting contest with Corissa and McKay. As you can see, Kyle felt threatened by them, and felt the need to cheat (nice going new RM!) Isabel and Sarah Beth being silly with David.


This is my sweet little nephew McKay. He really enjoys hanging out with David. It was so fun to see David playing with all the nieces and nephews, he has such a way with kids. Maybe it's cause he is still a kid at heart himself:)

Here is a pic of all the girls. From left to right, my niece Corissa, my sister Carrie, me, Isabel, my sister in law Melanie, my sis in law Julie and Sarah Beth. I don't know where my mom was, but this is all the Gillespie girls, minus my sweet sister Amber, who couldn't come up from Idaho:( Speaking of my mom, I just want to say how proud I am of her! She has lost 64 pounds and is looking smoking hot! Just ask my dad;) She has done so good and is feeling great. She even tried to give me some of her clothes that were too big for her! Unfortunately with my long torso, the shirts were too short. Darn, and they were brand new too! Love you Mom.

I have a brother and his family and a sister and her family that live up by my parents, and they took turns hosting us for dinner at all their homes. It was so nice to see all of them. Isabel did good, considering we were 2 hours behind our time zone and she is an early to bed, early to rise kind of gal. She didn't get much sleep, but she was still a sweetheart.

I even got to see my best friend from high school, Ashleigh for a little bit. Silly me forgot to take a picture of us together, but she looks great and has a hot little hairdo that makes me want to chop all mine off again. Next time I am up there, we will have to do something more. I am trying to talk her into coming out here, like I am anyone who wants to visit!

We had a great time and loved spending time with the family. We feel blessed to both come from big families who love to be together. Families are Forever.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It was fun to have you here. I didn't know you got to see Ashleigh. Awesome.

Oh, by the way, I tagged you on my blog. GO and see what you have to do now. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out in the blog :) I'm glad you had such a great time with your family. I agree with you - your mom looks FABULOUS! I can't believe we both forgot about getting a picture together. I even had my camera out when I was taking pics of Isabel. I guess that means I just need to come to Omaha to get one.... :)

Jolene said...

Hey, I know you don't know me. But I went to High School with David and Elizabeth. My maiden name is Jolene Rhodes. David will probably remember me. I was browsing your blog and noticed this picture. I am your sister Carrie's VT'er. How weird is that. Tell David I said Hi. Your little girl is beautiful.