Friday, May 23, 2008

What pen?

Isabel loves pens. She really loves to hold things in her hands. She loves utensils, her toothbrush and pens. If she sees any of the above, she will not rest until you give her what she sees. Then she is content as ever to just hold it and cruise around the house. Well, I was emailing someone a recipe, so I gave her a bunch of pens to play with, knowing it would distract her for a few minutes and she would quit trying to type on the keyboard. Now don't worry, I always make sure she can't get the cap off. Well she got a hold of a retractable pen that I found out is pretty easy to click. After a few minutes of being quiet, she had wandered over to the stairs. I got her attention and she gave me a big wave and looked at me with this face: I know it doesn't look very bad, but I was just so grossed out that she was sucking on a pen. So after some pictures (of course:), we had to go wash up, and she was mad. Why? Because up on the sink was her toothbrush, and she couldn't get to it because I was washing her hands. But the second I handed it over, she quit squirming and calmed right down. Oh, I love this girl so much, she just makes me laugh.


Speaking of laughing, Isabel has figured out how to make me laugh when I reprimand her. She likes to stand at the front screen door and bang on the screen as she yells at people outside. I heard her doing this, and gave a very stern "No, no Isabel, be soft" Instead of getting mad, she proceeds to look over at me, give a big old pageant wave and smile at me. It took me by surprise and just busted out laughing. So she hit the screen again and I tried so hard to be serious, but she knew she had me, so she just smiled again and waved at me. I can't help it, I just started laughing, which made her laugh, so she hit the screen again. You get the idea. Also, sometimes when I shake my head at her doing something naughty, she just laughs and shakes her head right back at me. Uh, oh, I think I am in big trouble with this one.

0 comments: