Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

We had David's parents in town this week for the white coat ceremony. David's Dad stayed for a few days, and his mom stayed all week. It was great to have family in town and it reminded us what wonderful families we both have. Being farther away from family has definitely been hard out here, but it is only temporary, right? We got lots accomplished this week. I can't believe how hard it is to get things done when your child wants to be attached to your hip (literally!) Maybe I am just bad at multi-tasking, but it was a great blessing to have help getting my honey-do list done. They helped me lay carpet in our bedroom. We have hardwood floors in the bedrooms, and I have been wanting carpet in mine. Isabel is always crawling around on the floor, gathering dust bunnies because I can't manage to sweep every day. So we found some carpet that already has the pad attached and we just cut it to size and laid it in there. It was such a chore because we had to take all the furniture out to get it to fit and we had to trim around the edges to make it perfect. They were lifesavers. It is no professional job, but it looks SOOO nice. I love carpet!
Grandma and Isabel helped plant my flower bed. I never have time when I go to walmart to pick out flowers, so it was great to have help with that. I also don't know what to plant out here since the climate is pretty different from Utah. Isabel wanted to help and she dug right in. She wouldn't let us use her shovel, and she was so good at flicking dirt all over her. She was so focused on digging and getting it all figured out. It was so cute to see her try new things and learn how to do stuff. Thanks girls, it is beautiful! I also planted a few tomato plants in part of our friend's garden plot in our complex. We can't wait to pick fresh cherry tomatoes from our plants in a few months. I love gardening, but with David so busy this summer and a child that is discovering the fun of dirt, we thought it might not be the best year to do a full garden. So thanks Matt and Hannah for letting us steal a few square feet of dirt!

What a big helper you are Isabel!

Last night, we went out to this really fun seafood restuarant that is inside of Bass Pro Shops. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was so cool. Plus they had $3 pina coladas! I think Isabel drank half of Camille's drink, that girl loves the sweets like her mama!

Isabel loved having someone else to play with besides just me. We hope we can get some more family to come visit us now. Thanks for a great visit and all the help. We love our families!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

A girl should have fun in the dirt. That way she will be able to keep up with her daddy. :)