Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nesting??? ....What is "nesting"?

So I am a little frustrated with myself that I can't kick myself into nesting mode.  I have so many things I want to do before the baby gets here (organize the kids room to get another bed to squeeze in there, make a car seat blanket, make a car seat wrap, dig out baby clothes to wash them and organize them, clean out messy closets that have already been created after living here for less than 6 months, etc, etc.).  But I just can't do it. 

Maybe it is because there are two little maniacs running around my house, taking all my time and energy to feed them, clothe them, play with them, break up fights and....ah, finally...get them to sleep.  I can't find any extra time or energy to get all the things done on my "want-to-do" list and I wonder how that will change and get even crazier with adding a 3rd one to the mix???  Life just seems to get more hectic, and I feel like I get further and further behind. 

With a little over 10 weeks to go, I am hoping I can find someway to prepare for the arrival of this sweet little bundle (boy or girl??? can't wait to find out!!!).  I remember that every spare thought went to thinking/dreaming/wondering about little Isabel when I was pregnant with her.  Now, my spare thoughts are fewer and farther between and I am scared this little child will feel less loved because we won't take as many pictures, we don't sit on the couch every evening and wonder what each day of their future will be like we did with our first.  I know that being a parent is a juggling act, but I totally SUCK at juggling, never could do it.  I hope I can always give my kids the love and attention and care that they need and I pray that I can dig down deep and find a way to become better and fulfill my responsibilities as a mother to these sweet children.

Okay, now that that is off my chest, I am going to bed.  Sleep is harder to come by these days with heartburn, hot flashes and a belly that feels like there is a jackhammer inside whenever I try and lay down:)  I am so blessed to be able to experience all these things, and I know that all the hard things I go through, I would do again in a heartbeat just for that first moment they are placed in my arms and wrap their tiny hands around my finger.  Oh, I am so grateful I have something so special to look forward to in the gray that is known as January!!!

One of these days, I will try and post a belly shot.  Seems to always slip my mind on the days that I actually look halfway decent and don't have food or snot smeared all over my shirt:)

6 comments:

Kachelle said...

snot and poo on your shirt totally make a belly shot pict better!!! i still can't believe youre on num 3! it doesn't seem like that long ago we were both prego with num 2. lol

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Great post. We all feel this way...at least I do. Good luck with baby number 3.

Renzello said...

You are such a great mom!! Your kids are lucky to have you!!

The Hodsons said...

Amanda, I have no doubt that you are a great Mom! Hang in there for the next few weeks. Love ya!

Melanie said...

You do an awesome job. The feelings you are having are TOTALLY normal. Everyone wonders whether future children will feel as loved. No worries...all will be well.

Love you. Hang on...things will look up.

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/12-serangga-paling-berbahaya