Friday, August 20, 2010

7 years...keeps getting better!


Monday, August 16th was our 7 year anniversary and we had a great time.  David had to work a long day as usual, but we were still able to go out to dinner.


I am so lucky to be married to this man, he is my best friend and I love him more than I thought was possible.  He is an amazing father, husband, and works so hard for our family.

Sam and Nicole offered to watch the kids for us so we could go out to eat, it was wonderful to have a meal that was uniterrupted:)  After dinner, David wanted to know if I wanted to go walk around Temple Square since we were so close to Downtown.  It was such a pretty night, that I was game!  We started talking about the Anniversary Inn and how we couldn't wait to go back.  We had never seen the one on South Temple, and we drove by it and David asked if I wanted to go tour the rooms.  That sounded really fun, so we swung into the parking lot and went to go see if we could take any tours.  We walk up to the front desk and the lady asked us what the last name was on the reservation.  David said "Bailey" and I thought he was just teasing the lady and scolded him for tricking her.  The lady just giggled and then asked for a credit card to put the room taxes on and David hands it over to her!!!  I was totally caught off guard, he had arranged a room for us!  I was so overwhelmed and surprised that I started crying (hey, give me a break, I am pregnant!).  Sam and Nicole gave him a gift certificate for it that they got from the Easter Bunny (we were gonna get one this next year, so David said he would give them ours next year, so they did a little switcheroo).  They offered to watch our kids overnight and he took care of all the details.  He even packed an overnight bag for me and remembered things like makeup and facewash (what a guy, huh?)!!!
We stayed in the Mysteries of Egypt room and it was incredible!!!  I didn't have my camera cause I thought we were just going out for dinner, so I didn't get any pictures of the room.  But holy cow, that was a freakin awesome room!  You felt like you were inside of a pyramid and it had all sorts of cool statues and carvings all over.
It was so sweet of him to work that all out.  He had to work the next morning, so Sam brought the kids over to the room in the morning and they watched a movie with me while Sam and David headed up to Primary Children's.
I feel so blessed, I am so grateful to have the life and family that I do.  No matter what our circumstances our, we find a way to enjoy life and each other and I am so happy I get to spend eternity with my family!!!

I love you David!

3 comments:

Triny Kay said...

such a sweet guy!! who woulda thought it would have all started with our inaugural ball down at snow? i'm so happy for you guys!! i remember going to your reception. amanda looked beautiful! you 2 have been incredibly blessed to find each other =) ( i also remember the reception because donnalee was teasing me about getting engaged since i brought jason with me, i said i didn't think it would happen for awhile since we had never talked about it and then it was 3 days later that he proposed) dave is such a sweet guy to surpise you like that. good job dave!! keep making those other husbands look bad. you even had to work the next morning and still managed to plan a romantic night, all by yourself, for you and your sweetheart. good job on packing everything too =) congrats on 7 wonderful years and an eternity of more in store!

The Hodsons said...

Yeah for 7 years!!! And kudos to Dave for planning such a romantic weekend!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :) It's been toooo long!

Goates Family said...

Hey Amanda! Just wanted to say hi and Happy Anniversary (a little late). We sure miss you guys!