Thursday, November 29, 2007

My first tooth!

Well today is a momentous occasion for us...Isabel cut her first tooth!!! She has been pretty temperamental these last few days, especially at bedtime. And she has been pretty wakeful at night as well. I felt inside her mouth this morning, and sure enough, I felt the tip of her bottom left front tooth (or as David would say, "her left mandibular central incisor), just poking above the gums. I have so many emotions. Excitement that she hit such an exciting milestone; relief that maybe sleeping will get a bit easier, and mommy can get more done around the house because she isn't always holding her whiny little angel; sadness because there really is no turning back now, she is growing up. She looks so much older to me already. She is no longer a little baby, she is getting so much closer to being a toddling little munchkin. It is hard to explain, but she has just grown up so much and I will never have that little bundle in my arms that just laid there and looked at me with such amazement. And because she is growing so fast, it makes me a little scared. Scared that I won't know what to do as she grows up and won't know what to teach her. Scared that one day she won't want to hang around me and I won't be the center of her universe. I love that kid more than I can comprehend. I know there will be plenty more "firsts" that I can experience with her, I just wish they would slow down in their approachment. This mommy stuff is pretty emotional, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3 comments:

alexbealady said...

hey girl hey! just wanted you to know i'm keepin up with your bloggin and so happy for you!
love ya
ax

Lacey said...

Hi Amanda,
It's Lacey from High School. My parents ran into your dad the other day and gave them this blog address. Hope all is well with your teething little one, she's beautiful. We just had our first baby on 11.25 and she's doing great.
Check out our blog...I just started it, so bare with me. :)
www.arabelleaudrey.blogspot.com

~Lacey

Renzello said...

SO CUTE!! I can't wait to see her!!