Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy Day!

Isabel was in such a good mood yesterday, she even gave a smile to the camera. She has so much spice, it is funny to see her grow and learn everyday. Her hair is getting longer as you can see in this little ponytail that she let me do. I think she is starting to teethe a bit more seriously. She is drooling SO much more and I swear I can see some changes in her gums on her bottom jaw. It will probably still be a month or more away, but I am sure it will still be sooner than I want. She is so happy and so much fun.

Can't you just see the mischief in her face. I know she will be a handful when she starts crawling and getting into everything, but I can't help but love her. She has the sweetest spirit, I don't know how I got so lucky to have her in our family. Everyday I learn and grow as a mother and hope I will be someone she will still want to be around when she is older.

I love this shot because you can see her ponytail really good. She doesn't really like me to mess with her hair because she is always shaking her head and trying to see what I'm doing. So I hae learned to be really fast on my toes and distract her with something cool (i.e. anything that is not her toy is SO intriguing) while I work.

She is getting good and raising her hands to me when she wants to be picked up. She was sitting in her high chair when David got home yesterday and when she saw him, she went crazy. Her feet started kicking and she put her arms out and started flapping them, which means she REALLY wants to be picked up. They then proceeded to laugh and play together while I got dinner ready. It is so cute to see how she recognizes him and wants him home. Usually the last half hour or hour before she gets home she starts to get a little fussy. I figure it is because she is tired, but the second he comes in the door, she becomes so happy and hyper, I know that Isabel has missed her daddy. David loves it because he is always so afraid she will forget him because he is gone so much, but how could you forget someone as wonderful as him?

Who knew that an 8 month old could wink? JK, I don't know how I got this, but she was blinking at the flash, and her eyes were a bit delayed from each other. What a cutie, I just wanna give her a big 'ol kiss!

0 comments: