Monday, October 19, 2009

The sun is finally back out in Omaha

After a few dreary weeks of clouds and cold, the sun has come out to give us one last blast of sunshine and warmth before it leaves us for 6 months!  The kids are still getting over their sickness and took turns napping, so we couldn't be out too much, but we did go out for a nice walk after dinner.  I have been having fun playing with my new camera and got some cute shots.  Still so much to learn...


The leaves are already on the downhill end of the color changing.  We love all the beautiful colors of Fall and have enjoyed living out here to see some good Falls

Giving sass to us!  If you haven't passed out yet from this picture, than you are stronger than me!  We cut his hair!!!!!  David tricked me and told me the longest attachment for the hair clippers would only take off  a bit of his hair, but it took off close to 3 inches of his beautiful, soft, blond luscious hair.  I almost cried:(  I know it will grow back, but it was so sad to see my little baby get a BOY haircut.  Oh, if I could only turn back time...

Showing me the flower she picked.  This girl is so sweet to always give me flowers.  Now, whenever she sees a bouquet of roses at the store, she always says (while pointing) "ohhh, Mommy sooo happy!"  She knows I love flowers and always wants to have me smell the ones she picks.  Now I just need her to stop picking the flowers at the Botanical Gardens:)

Trying to get the camera.



Isabel saw Daddy cleaning out the flower garden on Saturday.  So today after our walk, she went over to the shovel and drug it to the garden and proceeded to dig it all up.  She is always so observant and has a memory like an elephant.  She always wants to do what we do.  Lately she won't leave the house unless she has a baby and a purse, just like mommy.  She will go and bring food to Brigham when I am putting him in the highchair.  I love how she watches us and still wants to be like us!

4 comments:

The Larsen Gang said...

Oh Amanda...I can be sad with you over Brigham's hair. Brett did the same thing to me with Trevin. He took him to get a haircut and I told him to just have them take a little off the length. Well he came back and all of his hair was chopped. In fact it was almost a buzz cut. And I did cry!!:)
It's amazing how fast they grow up.

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

I love the boy cut! It's darling.

Melanie said...

I love it when my little boys become "big boys". It's always bittersweet, though.

I really like the haircut. It's sooo cute.

Morris Family said...

hi!!! thanks for the message! your kids are growing up too fast...so cute!! we are doing great and i love having a little girl :) john is really liking ortho school but can't wait to just be done!! congrats to you guys on all the interviews...keep us posted on what your plans are!!! we miss you guys