Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacation Part I...Denver!

So since David only has a month off from school, we didn't plan any major vacations. He decided he wanted to go visit the pediatric dental program in Denver (He is applying to the pediatric dental residency programs for after graduation. He wants to be a pediatric dentist, which means two more years in the residency program starting next summer). So we headed to Denver so he could spend a few days there doing an externship. He has aunts, uncles and a cousin that live in denver, so we were excited to see them. We stayed with his Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob. They were so gracious to open there house to us and we are so thankful. While David spent his days at the Children's Hospital there, we played with Aunt Mary! The first day, David took the keys to my van, so I couldn't go anywhere. We stayed at the house and played with toys and had fun with Aunt Mary. The next day, I ran some errands, went and saw the beautiful temple they have and went to Park Meadows Mall (the biggest mall in Denver, it was fantastic!). I made a yummy dinner for everyone on Tuesday night. Wednesday, Aunt Mary took me to an amazing fabric shop (Omaha has terrible fabric selection, so I was in heaven. I want to move there just for that store:) and a cute little boutique store with fun house decorations and down east clothes. We had so much fun seeing everyone and getting to know them a little better. I will be totally content if we end up in Denver! Here are a few pictures from the trip:The kids did great with our 9 hour car trip. Isabel watched a few movies and Brigham just smiled and slept the whole time. We have great kids and have so much fun with them! We stopped and ate our lunch at a rest stop. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes and got the wiggles out by running around on the grass. We got together with all our family in Denver and went to this fun restaurant called "Traildust" It has this really fun slide inside the restaurant that is 2 stories high. Isabel went down with Bailey (David's cousins daughter) with a huge smile on her face. Thanks for lots of fun guys!

The posse.

This is the Denver Temple. It is gorgeous! They were doing construction on the front, so this is the best picture, but I still think it captures its beauty.
This is Aunt Mary. She was so hospitable and it was lots of fun to get to know her better. Isabel called her "Ont Murray" and enjoyed playing with the doll bed and the piggy figurines.

Here is uncle Bob. Brigham always had his hands in his beard and would give him a big smile when Uncle Bob "spoke" to him:)
We had a great time there and hope to be coming back next year!

2 comments:

Becca and Jon said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip; id you see Lisa & Charissa while you were there? I didn't know you had a van, I'm wanting one of those! Brigham is getting so big! Good luck with pedo!

The Larsen Gang said...

Looks like lots of fun! Mary and Uncle Bob look so familiar to me. Have I met them before? I swear I know them.