Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tales of a one vehicle family

We sold it. We sold the Jeep. And I almost cried, how pathetic is that! We bought the Malibu last year so David would have a car to drive to school and I could still do things and go places with the kids. Well lately David just kept telling me that he was really nervous the jeep was gonna start having big problems (it has over 120,000 miles on it). It has already given us a few problems and we didn't want more. So after some thoughts and prayers, we decided to put it up for sale. After a week on craigslist and parking it on a busy street, we only had 1 call. A very nice retired man wanted it and wrote a check to us last night when he picked it up. I sat on the front porch with Isabel and watched him drive away and I got really sad. It was our first baby! David got it right before we started dating, so it holds many memories with it. It reminds me of all the fun dates we went on, our first kiss, driving to our honeymoon, lots of road trips, camping trips, moving trips and everything in between. It brought both of our children home from the hospital. The jeep got us around in crazy weather when most other cars were stuck in their parking spots. We used to crank up the stereo and sing at the top of our lungs to puff daddy, roxette and eye of the tiger. It was such a fun car and we are sad to see it go. But I guess it is for the best.

Now we are down to just one car. We are motivated to try and find the money to buy us another vehicle, but don't really know what is going to happen. I would like to get a 7 or 8 passenger car so we don't have to do this again in a few years when we have 4 kids, but most are out of our price range, unless we want to go with higher miles (which kinda defeats the purpose of selling our high mileage vehicle). So we are trying to decide what to do.

For family night on Monday we did Isabel's egg hunt because we were so busy over the weekend and didn't get to it. It was so funny to watch her. At first she didn't know what to do, but after a while, she would get so excited when she found an egg, she would shake it to hear what was in it and then show it to us with a wide eyed smile! We put some coins in a few eggs because I have been talking to her about her piggy bank and saving our money. So as soon as she saw the coins, she said piggy bank and knew just what to do. It was lots of fun and we can't wait till next year when Brigham can give Isabel a run for her money (no pun intended!)
What an adorable little man! He is just like his daddy and loves to have the remote:) He is getting good at grabbing at things around him, especially Isabel's hair when she gives him hugs. But Isabel is great, and just says "ow" and gives him another hug once I get her hair out of his fists. These kids are so much fun, it is wonderful to see Isabel want to play with him and to see him grin and coo at her. I want so badly for my children to be friends with each other and so far, so good!

5 comments:

The Bowes said...

they are adorable kids 'Manda! Sorry about the jeep and good luck with the one car. Josh and I do that but it would be harder if we had kids.....

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Your children are adorable! And welcome to the world of one car. We are still there after almost 6 years of marriage! :) We have never had more than one car and it SUCKS!

Kelli said...

We sold my car that I bought my first year of college right before we moved to omaha and I did cry - alot, so I feel you pain. It sounds like it went to a good home though. Isabel has grown up so much, so cute, and brigham is very very handsome. Hope all is well. Kelli

The Hodsons said...

I can't believe you guys sold that car...I remember seeing you guys driving around Ephraim in that car and thinking what a cute couple!!

Kachelle said...

i still can't believe how much hair brigham has!!!