Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What a week!!!

Wow, this has been a crazy week. I will spare all the gorey details, but we have been sick. Last Monday night, Isabel got a stomach bug. I got it Wednesday afternoon and it hit me so hard! Isabel was still under the weather, but I could barely take care of her. Then David got hit on Thursday. For David and I, it was just a 24 hour bug. But poor little Isabel had it for a week. And to top it off, on Saturday she got a bad cough and runny nose. So this week has been spent cleaning up her many, many accidents, washing numerous loads of her laundry (and mine since I was thrown up on many times by her) and trying to keep the house from becoming a complete disaster. She is finally starting to feel better and I can see the light.

It is so hard to watch your little one when they are sick. She has no way to tell me how or what she is feeling, and I know she was just plain miserable. Usually, she loves to wander around the house and play with her toys on the floor in front of me and whatever I am doing, but all she would do was cuddle with me and sleep, it was so sad. I am glad to have my little sunshine back and hopefully she will be feeling well enough to play later this week because it will be so darn hot and HUMID.

The college world series is winding down out here in Omaha. We live very, very close to the stadium and it has been so crazy here. So many people and so much traffic. We didn't go to any games this year because David is swamped with school and studying for the boards next month. But hopefully next year we can go see one which should be fun.

My pregnancy is going good. I am feeling more normal and can get things done around the house. I still feel like I am carrying so low still, so my pants don't really fit, but above my waist you can hardly tell any difference. So I feel a little bit like I have a beer belly and not a pregnancy belly. Hopefully the baby will come up a bit:) I can't wait until I can start to feel the baby move, that is my favorite part. We have our ultrasound scheduled, which will be in 3 weeks, but I am sorry to report that we will not be finding out the gender of this baby either. It was so much fun with Isabel, we wanted that extra excitement in the delivery room again. I have to admit I am a bit more nervous this time about not finding out. I think because we were both pretty sure that Isabel was a girl, and this time I don't really have any feelings of what it will be yet, so I feel a little unprepared. But David will be home for 3 weeks after the baby is born, so we can get things squared away then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you guys are starting to feel better. It really is the worst thing when babies are sick because they can't tell you how they feel, but the constant cuddling is nice!

The Hodsons said...

That is so cool that you guys have the self control to not find out exactly what you're having. Me, not so much...Glad you guys are over your stomach bug so you can enjoy JULY!!